No Walk-Ins. All Skaters MUST bring their own skates, helmet, mittens and mask to class. Limit of 1 skating parent/guardian per tot must be on the ice with skater. Only the parent/guardian may lace skates and provide physical assistance. Please Click Here if you would like to print this brochure however all registrations MUST be done here online.
My Grownup & Me for Tot Members (Ages 3-6)
We’re sorry but this session is full.
MY GROWNUP & ME TOT LESSONS FOR CLUB MEMBERS
Lesson Dates and Time:
FALL Series II dates: 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20, No 11/27, 12/4, 12/11, 12/18
SNOWPLOW SAM CLASSES INCLUDE A 25 MINUTE LESSON AND 25 MINUTE PRACTICE TIME.
NO WALK-INS. SKATERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN SKATES, HELMET, MITTENS AND MASK. SKATERS SHOULD DRESS WARMLY.
Our My Grownup & Me Learn To Skate Program follows the USFS “Snowplow Sam” Curriculum, which is designed for skaters ages 3-6. The Snowplow Sam levels are designed to help the preschool-age skater develop preliminary coordination and strength to maneuver on the ice. Snowplow Sam is a big, fuzzy polar bear who loves to skate. Time with Snowplow Sam will allow preschool children to become comfortable on the ice.
Snowplow Sam 1 – 12:45 pm Lobby Side of Rink
- A. Sit and stand up with skates – Off Ice
- B. Sit and stand up with skates – On Ice
- C. March in place
- D. March forward – 8–10 steps
- E. March, then glide on two feet
- F. Dip in place
Snowplow Sam 2 – 1:15 pm Zamboni Side of Rink
- A. March followed by a long glide
- B. Dip while moving
- C. Backward walking, toes turned inward, shifting weight (4-6 steps)
- D. Backward wiggles (six in a row)
- E. Forward swizzles (2-3 in a row)
- F. Beginning snowplow stop motion (in place or holding barrier)
- G. Two-foot hop in place (optional)
Snowplow Sam 3 – 1:45 pm Lobby Side of Rink
- A. Forward skating (8 – 10 strides)
- B. Forward one-foot glide, 2 times the skaters height (R and L)
- C. Forward swizzles (4 – 6 in a row)
- D. Backward swizzles (2 – 3 in a row)
- E. Moving forward snowplow stop (two foot)
- F. Curves
Snowplow Sam 4 – 2:15 pm Zamboni Side of Rink
- A. Forward skating
- B. Backward two-foot glide, length as skaters height
- C. Backward swizzles (4 – 6 in a row)
- D. Rocking horse (1 forward and 1 backward swizzle, repeat twice)
- E. Two foot turns from forward to backward, in place (both directions)
- F. Two foot hop, in place
My Grownup & Me Snowplow 1, My Grownup & Me Snowplow 2, My Grownup & Me Snowplow 3, My Grownup & Me Snowplow 4
Fridays 10/30-12/18 (No 11/27)